Kasasa Protect Protection Terms and Conditions of Service
Optional Add On Service:
Harvest Bank offers Kasasa Protect, an optional Identity Fraud Protection And Restoration Service that includes identity theft, fraud protection and breach resolution through a separate, third party that can be added to your Kasasa Cash® or Cash Back® account. This add-on service (a) requires your explicit authorization to add these Identity Fraud Protection Services (‘opt-in”), (b) charges a separate monthly fee and (c) can be cancelled at any time.
Kasasa Protect: Identity Fraud Protection And Restoration Services:
“Kasasa Protect: Identity Fraud Protection And Restoration Services” collectively includes the following comprehensive services (collectively “Services”):
(1) Credit Services: (a) Reports: an annual credit report from Experian; (b) Scores: a monthly credit score from Experian; and (c) Plotter: a visual twelve (12)-month history of the consumer’s monthly credit scores from Experian.
(2) Monitoring Services: (a) Public Records: Monitors name, address & Social Security Number (SSN) across public records; (b) Dark Web Monitoring: monitors across social networks, chat rooms & black market web sites for personally identifiable information including social security numbers; phone numbers; email addresses; bank account and routing numbers; credit and debit cards; and medical identification numbers; (c) Credit Bureau: monitors for and will provide an email if credit inquiries, new lines of credit, derogatory credit, name changes or changes in address are detected in the consumer’s Experian credit file; Credit monitoring occurs only on the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer, and does not monitor, compare or cross reference the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer to any other credit files maintained by the applicable credit bureaus.
3) Resolution Services: (a) Recovery Services: a professional Identity Recovery Specialist will assist the consumer identify, dispute, expunge any fraudulent activities and (b) Lost Wallet Services: Cancellation & replacement assistance for lost or stolen credit cards and personal documents lost due to loss or identity theft.
Terms & Conditions:
Kasasa Protect services are provided by CSID, a part of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. (“Experian”). There are two (2) Kasasa Protect terms and conditions, one governing the program’s Services and the other governing the program’s online portal, which you must agree to:
(1) Services: Terms & conditions can be retrieved at a Harvest Bank branch location
(2) Portal: Terms & conditions can be retrieved online by using the following link: https://secure.kasasaprotect.com. (“Portal”)
Kasasa Protect services are provided for a monthly fee of $12.99, or $7.99 if you are a Kasasa accountholder. Kasasa Protect is available to a secondary accountholder listed on a joint account for an additional monthly fee of $3.99. Fee(s) will be automatically debited from your account on the third (3rd) of each month. Fee(s) begin on the third (3rd) of the month following your enrollment date and will end one (1) day after Harvest Bank has processed your cancellation request.
Changes & Modifications:
Kasasa Protect’s Services, fees, and providers are variable and may change with proper notification from our bank or Kasasa, Ltd. Changes in terms, conditions, services, fees and / or providers, if any, will be posted on the Kasasa Protect site located at https://secure.kasasaprotect.com. We encourage you to refer to this site on a regular basis for Services information.
To utilize Kasasa Protect you must: (1) be eighteen (18) years of age or older, (2) be a resident of the United States or any of its territories, and (3) register and maintain your unique email address (joint accountholders must each provide unique email addresses for this service) via the Kasasa Protect online portal.
To receive Kasasa Protect’s Services, you must (1) agree to the Kasasa Protect Services’ Terms & Conditions and (2) establish the Services’ monthly billing and (3) provide an accurate email address. Upon completing these three activities you will be enrolled in the program. (“Enrollment”). The date upon which these activities are completed will be your enrollment date (“Enrollment Date”).
Within one (1) business day after Enrollment, Kasasa Protect will provide you with an email that includes a link to https://secure.kasasaprotect.com and your subscriber number. After entering your subscriber number, you must verify your personal information. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself. You agree to not misrepresent your identity. You also agree to maintain and update this information, including your email address on a regular basis to ensure its accuracy. Failure to provide and maintain accurate and complete information may prohibit your use of the Services or result in errors in information generated. (“Verification”).
Portal Alerts & Notifications:
Upon verifying your personal information and agreeing to the terms and conditions associated with the Kasasa Protect portal, you will be able to receive alerts and notifications through the portal. Email notifications will be sent to the email address you maintain at https://secure.kasasaprotect.com. You understand, acknowledge, and agree that in order to receive the full complement of Services, including receiving Services’ alerts and notifications via the Kasasa Protect portal, you must first verify your identity and register and maintain your email address at: https://secure.kasasaprotect.com.
Availability of Services:
All items under these three (3) comprehensive services are available to you as identified below.
(1) Credit Services: After verification, you will be able to view all items listed under Credit Services, including credit information and alert details via the portal.
(2) Monitoring Services: All items listed under Monitoring Services will begin upon Enrollment. Viewing of Monitoring Services alerts is available upon Verification.
(3) Restoration Services: All items under Resolution Services are available upon Enrollment.
You may cancel your Services at any time by notifying your financial institution of your decision to cancel. Written notices should be sent to Harvest Bank, PO Box 70, Kimball MN 55353. Verbal requests should be directed to (320)-398-3500 and must be followed up with written confirmation. Cancellations may take one (1) or more business days to process. When cancelling, your then current month’s fee will not be reimbursed or prorated. The Services’ monthly fee will not be charged for the following month after a cancellation request has been processed by your financial institution.
We and/or Service Providers may cancel your access to the Services at any time for any reason, including, your breach of the Terms or actions by you that reflect an inability to comply with the Terms, we are required by law, a Service Provider has terminated a relationship with us or ceased to offer the Services to you, or the provision of Services to you is, in our sole opinion, no longer commercially viable.
Closure of Checking Account:
Should your checking account be closed by you or Harvest Bank Kasasa Protect, will also be terminated at the same time. Your then current month’s account and/or Kasasa Protect fees will not be reimbursed or prorated. The monthly fee(s) will not be charged for the month following termination.
(1) Federal Notice. Even without our plan, you have the right to a free credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus through annualcreditreport.com or 877-322-8228, the only authorized source under federal law. (2) Harvest Bank Notice. Harvest Bank shall not have any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in the credit reports provided through these Services including any liability for damages, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental. Kasasa Cash, Kasasa Cash Back, and Kasasa Protect are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A. CSID and Experian are registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc.
Disclaimers of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that: (a) your use of the services and/or the site, is at your sole risk; (b) the services and/or the site are being provided “as is” and “as available”; (c) to the maximum extent permitted by law, we and/or our service providers disclaim any and all warranties with respect to the services and/or the site, in whole or in part, including (i) any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, functionality, title and non-infringement, (ii) representations and warranties that the site and/or the services will meet your requirements, will be secure, that the quality of the services and/or the site will meet your expectations or requirements, and that any errors in the technology will be corrected, (iii) representations and implied warranties arising from course of dealing and course of performance, (iv) any warranty, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, related to the comprehensiveness, completeness, correctness, legality, reliability or accuracy of the services and/or the site, in whole or in part, (v) any warranty that the services and/or the site will be secure, uninterrupted, timely, virus-free or error-free, and (vi) warranties related to the accuracy of any information obtained through the services, the results that may be obtained from the use of the services, the correction of defects in the services, or that the services will operate in combination with any other hardware or software; (e) any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through use of the site and/or the services is done at your own discretion and risk; (f) you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from your use of the services and/or the site; and (g) the current state of the services and/or the site does not allow for error-free use of the services and that interruptions, crashes, downtime and delay in services may occur.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from service providers through or from the services will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Limitations on Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and/or our service providers will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages, claims or losses incurred, including compensatory, incidental, indirect, direct, special, punitive, consequential, or exemplary damages, however caused and whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, including damages for telecommunication failures, loss, corruption, security or theft of data, viruses, spyware, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of business information, loss of privacy, or pecuniary loss arising out of your use or your inability to use the services; arising in connection with your use of the site or the services, including any interruption, inaccuracy, error or omission in your use of the services; any act or omission by us in administering the site or the services; or the purchase or use of any goods or services of merchants or suppliers through the site or the services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, claims, or losses and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. we and/or our service providers assume no responsibility for any damage caused by your access or inability to access the site and/or the services.
The limitations of damages set forth herein are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between service providers and you. Service providers would not be able to provide the services without such limitations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall we be liable to you for direct damages caused by us in excess of $1.00. This limited remedy is agreed to by you and the service providers and survives a failure of its essential purpose. Some states do not allow limitations on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
You agree, at your expense, to defend, indemnify, hold harmless, protect and fully compensate us and/or our Service Providers from any and all claims, liability, damages, losses, expenses and costs (including attorneys’ fees) caused by or arising from (a) a third-party claim, action or allegation of infringement based on your use of the Service or information, data, files or other content you submitted or uploaded; (b) any fraud, manipulation, or other violation of Law by you; (c) a breach of these Terms by you; (d) your acts or omissions; or (e) any third-party claim, action or allegation brought against Service Providers arising out of or relating to a dispute between its users over the terms and conditions of a contract or related to the purchase and sale of any services.